Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another time of moving


mama and zeke

My dear friend 'Bef' - reliable and safe - has transported me around the country in comfort and ease!  She sits outside packed to the hilt - on top, inside and bike at the rear. 

It's been 18 months since she's looked this way - when she brought me down here to see my boy.  Now i'm heading 'back' to my 'friend' and my cat - all my 'stuff' that's been sitting and awaiting my return.

A real sense of sadness leaving this place - like pulling out roots that have found hidden crevices.  I didn't think it would feel this hard - i've grown to love my new 'home' like i didn't expect.

I entered my new decade soon after arriving down here - a young modern woman, now in her sixties!

I packed ready to leave, my gorgeous little retreat - bulging, overflowing - dear Bef looked a scene.  My head started throbbing - building with time - just before driving off - i realized forget it!  What are you thinking?  How do you expect to achieve, driving interstate as sick as a dog!  A call to my friend - yes, come on over she kindly says - stay here for the night until you're ready to go.

Another friend arrives within minutes of the call - you're not driving anywhere, come and stay with us.  Many beautiful friends i've made - like never before - kindness and generosity has been showered on me here - i'll never forget it.  So hard to let go.

So it's been a week tomorrow since my departure day was stalled - body had other plans - now why does that surprise me?  Those of you who know me, know that's a familiar pattern - me and my body meeting at strange places.

Over that time a new year has arrived - i'm still feeling delicate - what's in store? 

I've had heaps of support from my lovely naturopathic friend - nature's medicine has been helping with the healing.

I guess it's been a time of healing - down here in the south - time with my beautiful boy - time with myself.

So 2010 has arrived on our door - feels a lot gentler than the arrival of 2009.  But lots still need to happen - as i'm sure most of you are aware - lots and lots of healing still on the agenda.

But everything begins with 'me' - that's the way it goes - nothing can happen outside 'till it happens within.

So as i sit on my last day here for a while - a mix of sadness and still unshed tears. But i need to go 'back' - to see what i've left behind - will it be part of my journey for 2010?

Back within the aura of Mt Lyndsay and Mt Barney - as well as other mountains cradling the area.  A special energy there - so will see how it unfolds - i'll never forget my time here - i will return.

lots and lots of love to you
and may Life's blessings envelope you
marilynxxx

No comments: